Life will never be the same again

When the Corona virus pandemic hit South Africa in March 2020, we had less than 10 days to prepare for Lockdown. The shock, disbelief and fear were overwhelming. Suddenly, we were faced with a situation that would change our lives forever. Life will never be the same again. The loss of one’s spouse has a similar effect. Shock from the trauma, disbelief that he is gone and fear for the future are overwhelmingly difficult to confront. You do not need to make any long-term changes yet. Take one day at a time. Handle each day according to what that day presents. One task at a time. If a task or challenge is too overwhelming, set it aside for another day, Slowly, you will begin to work out a new routine, sometimes without even realizing it.

Travelling Alone

Parable:

I took the plunge and planned a trip to the United Kingdom!  I would be travelling alone to destinations that I had never been to before.  It was a 6 week trip,  allowing time for sight-seeing and visiting family and friends at various places.  The London Underground was my biggest challenge.  Even after 4 visits, I still do not know how to get myself around the stations or the various routes.  It was not nice to do this on my own but, I succeeded and got to all the places I needed to be. 


Castles, country towns, churches, seaside and botanical gardens were just a few of the places I visited.  Such beauty. Wonderful people who took me sight-seeing and accommodated me in their homes.  And yet, I missed that one person.. and again aloneness came creeping in.

Pebble:

If you have always wanted to travel or do something special…. just do it!!  Plan well and prepare carefully.  If possible, ask a friend or relative to accompany you.  Don’t put it off any longer… time runs out so quickly.  When I think of the bucket list my late husband and I had… we had started working through it but hadn’t got very far.. and then he was gone.

Scripture:

The Lord himself will go before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forget you. Don’t be afraid and don’t worry.  Deuteronomy 31:8

Prayer:

Lead me in your ways Oh Lord.  Guide me as I plan and prepare this trip. Open and close doors according to Your Will.  Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment